“We have the people, platforms and capabilities to continue our leadership in the industry.”
At RenaissanceRe, we’re proud to bring 25 years of industry leadership to the table. With a focus on delivering reinsurance solutions that work for our clients across global platforms, we match well-structured risk with efficient capital and are committed to delivering value-added service in a rapidly evolving market.
Our Vision is to be a leader in select financial services through our people and culture, expertise in risk, and passion for exceeding customers’ expectations.
Our Code of Ethics and Conduct provides five broad principles to which we are all expected to adhere:
We respect and value our clients, partners and shareholders.
We respect and comply with relevant laws and regulations.
We respect and protect RenaissanceRe.
We respect and value each other.
We respect and support the communities in which we operate.
In The Community
Since 1993, RenaissanceRe has been committed to improving the quality of life in Bermuda where we are headquartered by providing financial support to registered charitable organizations which help support the Bermuda community.
The scholarship award is open to students with Bermudian or PRC status. Criteria for selection include academic excellence, demonstrated leadership experience, and community engagement and service. The award is valued at $25,000 per year for up to four years.
Brandon Jones is our 2019 RenaissanceRe Undergraduate Scholarship recipient. He is attending Princeton University and is studying Economics.
University of Waterloo
– Bachelor of Legal Studies and Economics
– Bachelor of Arts in Economics
– Bachelor of Engineering
|2015||Ryan Robinson Perinchief
– Bachelor of Laws
Kaplan Holborn College/University of London
– Bachelor of Laws
– Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science
University of Waterloo
– Bachelor of Arts in Mathematical Economics
– Bachelor of Science in Physics
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
– Bachelor of Science in Engineering
Penn State University
– Bachelor of Arts in Communications/Public Relations
University of Exeter
– LLB English Law with European Studies
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
For 26 years, we’ve been a committed leader in researching and modeling atmospheric hazards and the economic impact of catastrophic storms.
By being a positive force for change by creating and sponsoring numerous risk mitigation efforts, we believe we can:
- Increase the resiliency of storm-exposed communities by introducing them to the most effective mitigation techniques and products
- Reduce the frequency of claims and the severity of the economic impact of storms
Our efforts include:
- The RenaissanceRe Risk Sciences Foundation
- RenaissanceRe Wall of Wind
- Risk Mitigation Leadership Forum Series
- Institute for Business and Home Safety (IBHS) Research Center
Our Foundation was created to support advanced scientific research in natural catastrophes, the development of risk mitigation and adaptive techniques to safeguard communities, efforts that reduce the economic turmoil following disasters, and organizations that preserve coastal and other risk-exposed habitats. The Foundation promotes education, preparation, adaptation and mitigation of catastrophic risks.
We invest in cutting-edge weather risk research like the RenaissanceRe Wall of Wind to help our clients and storm-exposed communities better understand their vulnerabilities to storm hazards and, ultimately, build safer, more resilient communities. The RenaissanceRe Wall of Wind was launched in 2007 as a public-private partnership with the International Hurricane Research Center at Florida International University. It revolutionized wind engineering research by replicating the effects of Category 3 Hurricane winds and rain on full-scale residential structures and building components in a laboratory environment. The RenaissanceRe Wall of Wind has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Newsweek, Discovery Channel, ABC World News Tonight, and USA Today.
Our award-winning series of 13 forums featuring world-renowned speakers have been attended by over 4,000 disaster-safety representatives. These invitation-only events bring together emergency responders, scientists, policy-makers, academics, and private sector representatives to advance natural hazards risk mitigation efforts and awareness. Our forums to date are as follows:
- Community Recovery and Resilience Leadership Forum (October 2018 in Kansas City, MO)
- Improving Natural Catastrophe Resiliency: Insurance vs Intervention Forum (November 2017 in London, UK)
- New York Recovery and Resilience Leadership Forum (June 2016 in New York City, NY)
- Northeast Risk and Resilience Leadership Forum (October 2014 in Stamford, CT)
- Build it Better Leadership Forum (May 2013 in Charlotte, NC)
- Facing the Challenge Leadership Forum (October 2012 in Orlando, FL)
- Gulf Coast Preparing for Extreme Weather Forum (July 2012 in New Orleans, LA)
- Seismic Risk Mitigation Leadership Forum (May 2011 in San Francisco, CA)
- Texas Risk Mitigation Leadership Forum (June 2010 in Austin, TX)
- Safe Homes for all Leadership Forum (June 2009 in Washington, DC)
- Hurricane Science for Safety Leadership Forum (December 2008 in Orlando, FL)
- Northeast Hurricane Mitigation Leadership Forum (July 2008 in Newport, RI)
- Hurricane Risk Mitigation Leadership Forum (February 2008 in Orlando, FL)
RenaissanceRe is the proud recipient of the 2011 National Hurricane Conference Outstanding Achievement Award in recognition of our Risk Mitigation Forums and “for outstanding and innovative achievement in any hurricane-related activity, which serves as a model to others”.
Learn more about our Forum events
RenaissanceRe is a proud sponsor and founding supporter of IBHS and their Research Center. IBHS is a nonprofit, scientific research organization wholly supported by the property insurance industry. IBHS works to reduce the social and economic effects of natural and man-made disasters, as well as other risks to residential and commercial property by conducting research and advocating improved construction, maintenance and preparation practices. Their state-of-the-art, multi-peril research facility in South Carolina launched in 2010 provides:
- Full-scale testing of residential and light commercial structures, including wind, fire, wind-driven water intrusion and hail
- Home and business owners visual information about mitigation and vulnerability
- Manufacturers and builders information about achieving more resilient construction.
Learn more about IBHS
U.S. Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) rules and regulations related to the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (“FATCA”) require various entities of the RenaissanceRe Group to provide a W-8-type Form or a W-9 Form, as applicable. FATCA may require action from you to comply so please consult your appropriate advisors to assess any impact to you.